Dr. Walt Griffin, who has led Limestone College since 1992, has announced his plans to retire later this year as President of our historic liberal arts institution in Gaffney, South Carolina. Dr. Griffin will continue to serve as Limestone’s President through the end of the 2017 fall semester which concludes with graduation ceremonies December 14-16.
The Limestone College Board of Trustees has launched a national search for the College’s 21st President. The Limestone Board of Trustees is committed to an inclusive search process with a Presidential Search Committee composed of trustees, faculty, staff, alumni, and business leaders who are soliciting input from the campus community.
The committee will soon select a professional firm to facilitate and assist with the search process. The Presidential Search Committee plans to interview several candidates and will recommend a number of them for consideration by the full Board. The Limestone College Board of Trustees will then name a new President.
We encourage you to visit this webpage often so that we may keep you apprised of the Presidential Search Committee’s progress. Our goal is to be as transparent as possible at each step along the way to identifying the next President of Limestone College. This webpage will contain all matters related to the search, from the beginning steps to the new President being selected.
We look forward to continuing our engagement with our campus community during this journey to an even brighter future for Limestone College.
Presidential Search TimelineDates subject to change.
Early Spring 2017
- Dr. Walt Griffin announces retirement plans (April 21).
- Presidential Search Committee formed (April 26).
- Committee narrows list of professional executive search firms down to four (May 11).
- Internal constituent surveys emailed (May 15).
- Internal constituent survey deadline (May 26).
- Internal constituent survey summary presented to Presidential Search Committee (June).
- Executive search firms to be interviewed (June).
- Executive search firm to be selected (late June).
- Internal and external constituent forums to be held (July-August).
- Presidential Profile to be created (August).
- Prospective candidate interviews to begin (late August, September).
- Candidate interviews to continue.
- Finalists to be presented to Board of Trustees.
- New President to be chosen.
- New President to take office.